Winter Warmers Crafts Workshops: Crafts that foster creativity and connection. Come and learn from master craftspeople. We hope to run these again in winter 2023. The workshops that we ran in 2022 workshops were:
- Needle Felting
- Learn how to bring wool fleece to life using needle and foam (25th June and 30th July).
- Te Kaahurangi Maioha will introduce you to mahi raranga/flax weaving through its tikanga/protocols pertaining to its application. You will complete a woven taonga – a kete or creative art piece (25th June and 30th July).
- Print Making with Lisa Feyen from Ink Moth Print Studio
- (25th June) Fabric Block Printing Learn to block print on fabric, and be amazed with how easy it is to repurpose op shop fabric finds, adding your own touch of magic to pieces for your home.
- (30th July) Dry Point Etching for beginners – Learn dry point etching in this relaxed morning workshop. You will create your own beautiful hand-crafted miniature fine art prints, taking inspiration from the natural world.
- Winter Art Experiences with Amanda Sowersby
- (25th June)Introduction to wet-on-wet painting. Wet on wet watercolour painting is a gentle and beautiful technique. Together we will do three guided paintings inspired by the season of Winter for you to take home.
- (30th July) Pastel Art for Wintertime. Pastel art and rubbing is a wonderful meditative technique. You can play with colour to create gorgeous tones and softness to your artwork.
Cost: $110 including morning tea and materials
When: June 25th 9am – 1pm AND/OR July 30th 9am – 1pm 2022
(Note: If you wish to attend two workshops on separate days please complete the form twice)
Complete the form to register for this course.