The Taruna Lodge is situated within the grounds at Taruna. It has seven single rooms, as well as lounges, a fully equipped kitchen, laundry and two bathrooms. The lounge area has a double fold out couch which can provide another option for larger groups. Taruna Lodge offers a simple and clean accommodation space. We expect that the Lodge is left neat and tidy as you vacate.
Feedback from students is that staying in the hostel builds on the Taruna classroom learning experience.
For lodge room availability and bookings, please contact the Taruna Office at email@example.com or 06 877 7174
$50 per night (participants of courses, retreats and workshops held by Taruna College)
$55 per night (group stays) Maximum of 7 people (Double pull out couch may be used if arranged prior)
$60 per night (casual stays)
Taruna provides all bed linen including towels (your bed will be made up for you upon arrival).
Pre-bookings will be invoiced and sent to you via email. Accommodation charges are to be paid to the main office prior to arrival. Payment by bank transfer only. There is no eftpos is available on-site. A receipt will be provided once payment has cleared.
Guests are provided with a key to their room and the general living area. Lost keys must be reported immediately and any replacement will be charged at $10. All keys must be left on the kitchen bench when you depart.
Cleaning and Rubbish
Guests are asked to keep their room and communal spaces clean and tidy during your stay. On departure, we ask that the beds are stripped and that the communal areas are left neat and tidy. Please remove all excess food from the cupboards and fridge. The lodge is thoroughly cleaned after each booking.
Wireless internet access is available at the lodge. The password will be given on receipt of payment.
Conditions of Stay
- Taruna Lodge is self-catering and has a fully equipped kitchen.
- Taruna is a drug, smoke, and alcohol-free environment.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Any breakages or damage should be reported to the Taruna office. Replacement or repairs may be charged to you if this is a result of your stay.
- Please be considerate of others – avoid loud noise that may disturb other Lodge guests and our neighbors.
- Please respect other people’s privacy.
- Sleeping is not permitted in the hostel lounge area. Except by prior arrangement.
- There are no facilities for campervans, tents or caravans on site.
- Neighbours of Taruna are willing to accommodate students with bed and breakfast options. Please contact the office for further details.
- Local Hawke’s Bay accommodation is best explored on line.
- No facilities exist for campervans, tents or caravans.