The Taruna College Hostel is near the entrance of Taruna College – the first building on the left-hand side of the driveway.
The hostel carpark is located on the grassed area opposite the hostel building, on the right-hand side of the driveway.
The Taruna hostel is comprised of:
- 7 single rooms
- Men’s and women’s bathroom
- Kitchen and lounge area
The bed will be made up. Taruna provides blankets, sheets, and a pillow. Towels are not supplied.
It is the occupant’s responsibility to organise payment. Rent is to be paid to the main office at any time during your stay, or before departure. Payment by bank deposit or cash only, sorry no eftpos is available on-site. A receipt will be provided.
Phone rental and local calls are included in your room rate. The phone has a permanent toll-bar, therefore if you wish to make toll calls you will need to obtain your own Clearcard or Telecom Calling Card.
Wireless internet access is available in the hostel.
- Beds are not to be used without the mattress protector, sheets, and pillowcases supplied.
- Residents are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.
- Cooking and general cleaning of the communal areas are the responsibility of the resident.
- Taruna is a drug, smoke, and alcohol-free environment. Smokers are asked to use the periphery of the gardens, not under the porch eaves.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Any breakage or damage should be reported to the Taruna office. Replacement or repairs may be charged to you and is at the discretion of the administration committee.
- Please be considerate of others – avoid loud noise that may disturb other hostel residents and neighbouring properties.
- Please respect other people’s privacy.
- Short-term hostel residents must remember that the hostel is also home to our full-time students. Approval from other residents should always be obtained before inviting guests. All staying guests must be lodged with the office first.
- Sleeping is not permitted in the hostel lounge area.
For queries please contact the office on (06) 877 7174 (weekdays 9am – 4pm)