Overview and Design
Come and renew your well-spring for life, refresh your soul and re-connect to what is important for you right now. The ‘Art of Well-Being’ gives opportunity to explore how to strengthen and nourish your sense of well-being. We draw on contemporary, holistic thinking that provides windows to help you view the world in fresh and meaningful ways. As well, we work with practical tools useful in helping others in your work and life who may need your support.
We open up the world of Art, recognising it as the language of the soul as we progressively work with colour, form, line, movement and language to deepen our ways of connecting and expressing our rich world within. As well, we discover the power and potential in our own life stories – reading the rich tapestries that each of our lives have woven.
The ‘Art of Well-Being’ is a part-time programme of three 5-day seminars which spans the calendar year.
The ‘Art of Well-Being’ is designed for:
- busy professionals who want to re-connect with their own inner source of well-ness and creativity, as a basis for professional renewal and nourishment
- professional care-givers in any health field needing fresh tools and approaches to revitalise their work
- busy parents who want to develop their ability to be centered and insightful in their parenting
- those who recognise the dimension of spirit in their own life – in whatever shape that takes – and who seek to honour that aspect of themselves.
2020 Dates and Fees
Seminar One: Wednesday 6 May – Monday 11 May
Seminar Two: Wed 5 August – Monday 10 August
Seminar Three: Wed 28 October – Monday 2 November.
Cost: $900 per seminar. The Crystal Bridge loan fund makes interest free loans available to students enrolled in Signature Courses at Taruna.
Minimum numbers are necessary for the course to go ahead.
Art of Well-Being Team
Lauren Hudson, Rosie Simpson, Sue Simpson and Deb Bednarek.
Applicants for this programme should:
- possess a maturity gained through some years of adult life experience;
- have the energy, health and enthusiasm to complete a part-time, yet intense year of study;
- display a good standard of written and conversational English.
Responses from current and previous students about our Art of Well-Being course
“The week really resonated well, it was exactly what is needed for me right now. Thank you for a wonderful week”.
“Really have had insight and observation into myself”.
“This course gave me an opportunity to explore my life so far, to understand what has shaped me, and to enable me to make informed choices that I will better understand going forward. I came away with some wonderful self-reflection, lots of knowledge about life-cycles and the various life-stages and what I might expect next – much better investment than a week on a beach”.
Creative response to the Art of Well-being 2019 by Arlene C.:
Each colour wants to stand on its own
Like in the box of pastels.
They are all beautiful to look at like that, but,
When you put two colours together on a page
Something magical happens.
New tones, nuances, feelings arise
That weren’t seen or felt when they stood separate.
The magic and beauty of all the colours
Comes alive when they work together.
Each human being has a colour,
Each is beautiful and unique.
And when human beings work together,
Then magic happens in communities, too.